New Integrated Flight Deck Solution Available for Retrofit and Forward-Fit Platforms
Tucson, AZ – Universal Avionics announces FAA Technical Standard Order (TSO) authorization for the company's InSight Display System, offering operators a new modern, integrated flight deck solution. InSight is a flexible solution for both new aircraft platforms and retrofit upgrades.
"After an intense development and certification phase, I am excited to announce that we are now able to offer operators our state-of-the-art InSight Display System," said Dan Reida, Universal Avionics Vice President of Sales and Marketing. "Loaded with industry-leading features such as custom user profiles, high-resolution terrain with ice and water features, and advanced airport maps, runways, and special use airspace, we are able to add value to almost any flight deck," he added.
With the open architecture of InSight and the ability to support multiple interfaces, customers can leverage the investment made in other systems into the InSight display system, helping to manage the cost of upgrading. System configuration options are available for 3- or 4- 10.4" (diagonal) EFI-1040 displays, and fewer required Line Replaceable Units (LRU) allow for less avionics weight and wiring in the aircraft, along with reduced installation downtime.
One of InSight's most desirable features is the embedded next generation synthetic vision with advanced mapping capability, along with embedded charts, radio control, and broadcast weather. Additional features that highlight one of the systems's biggest benefits, flexibility, include:
- Pilot-selectable display screen layouts
- Multiple stored user profiles and configurations
- Embedded configuration options for multiple autopilot types, weather radar systems, comm/nav systems, and air data systems
- High-speed Ethernet bus that requires less wiring and fewer terminations for display-to-display communication and display control
- Support for either a single SPD/HDG/ALT SEL controller or multiple separate HDG/CRS and SPD/ALT SEL controllers
- An EFIS Control Display Unit (ECDU) that consolidates multiple controllers, including the flight displays, FMS, radios, weather, traffic, and terrain, into one centralized 'Point & Click' control device
When integrated with Universal Avionics' SBAS-FMS and UniLink® UL-800/801 Communications Management Unit, InSight also provides a path to meet future mandates and requirements like PBN, CPDLC, FANS 1/A+, Data Comm, ATN B1, and more.
To learn more about how InSight is bringing innovation into the flight deck, visit uasc.com/InSight or contact your Universal Avionics Sales Representative.