As you celebrate the Independence Day holiday, keep safety in mind. Know the aviation safety rules while flying your drones and celebrating the 4th.
Here are general guidelines for people flying drones:
- Don’t fly your drone in or near fireworks
- Don’t fly over people
- Don’t fly near airports
To learn more about what you can and can’t do with your drone, go to faa.gov/uasor download the B4UFLY app for free in the Apple and Google Play store.
There are also strict rules prohibiting airline passengers from packing or carrying fireworks on domestic or international flights. Remember these simple rules:
- Don’t pack fireworks in your carry-on bags
- Don’t pack fireworks in your checked luggage
- Don’t send fireworks through the mail or parcel services
- Passengers violating the rules can face fines or criminal prosecution. When in Doubt…Leave it out!
For more information on the passenger rules for fireworks and other hazardous materials, please go to www.faa.gov/go/packsafe/. Leave the fireworks at home–Fireworks Don't Fly poster (PDF).