Helicopter Foundation International (HFI), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, annually offers up to 19 scholarships to help support students studying to become part of tomorrow’s helicopter industry.
If you meet the eligibility requirements listed below, HFI encourages you to apply at helicopterfoundation.org/scholarships. We are here to help you achieve your dream!
All applications must be submitted by midnight EST, TOMORROW, November 30, 2018. Questions? Email email@example.com
Commercial Helicopter Pilot Rating Scholarship
Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician Scholarship
- Have a private helicopter license
- Enrolled in a commercial helicopter pilot rating program at an FAA-approved Part 141 school or international equivalent
- Applicants must also hold at least a 2nd-class or international-equivalent medical certificate.
- Expect to receive your commercial helicopter pilot rating after January 1, 2019 (if you will receive your rating before this date, you are not eligible to apply).
Michelle North Scholarship for Safety
- Be about to graduate from an FAA-approved Part 147 aviation maintenance technician (AMT) school, or be a recent recipient (within the last two years) of an airframe and powerplant (A&P) certificate
- If you are a non-US citizen, have your respective country's FAA-equivalent tests completed and provide proof of foreign citizenship.
- Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship
- Be enrolled in a maintenance technician certificate program at an FAA-approved Part 147 school or international equivalent
- Expect to receive your maintenance technician certificate after January 1, 2019 (if you will receive your certificate before this date, you are not eligible to apply).
Southern Utah University (SUU) Rotor Aviation Scholarship
- Have your commercial pilot rating
- Demonstrate an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices.
- Provides $20,000 towards the SUU Aviation commercial/instrument flight lab
- Applicants should have the intention of completing their ratings up to CFI
- Must enroll in one of SUU's degree programs