Helicopter Foundation International (HFI), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, annually offers up to 22 scholarships to help support students studying to become part of tomorrow's helicopter industry. If you meet the eligibility requirements listed below, HFI encourages you to apply at helicopterfoundation.org/scholarships. We are here to help you achieve your dream!
Commercial Helicopter Pilot Rating Scholarship
Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician Scholarship
- Have a private helicopter license
- Be enrolled in a commercial helicopter pilot rating program at an FAA-approved Part 141 school or international equivalent
- Expect to receive your commercial helicopter pilot rating after January 1, 2019 (if you will receive your rating before this date, you are not eligible to apply).
Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship
- Be about to graduate from an FAA-approved Part 147 aviation maintenance technician school, or be a recent recipient (within the last two years) of an airframe and powerplant (A&P) certificate
- If you are a non-U.S. citizen, have your respective country's FAA-equivalent tests completed and provide proof of foreign citizenship.
Michelle North Scholarship for Safety
- Be enrolled in a maintenance technician certificate program at an FAA-approved Part 147 school or international equivalent
- Expect to receive your maintenance technician certificate after January 1, 2019 (if you will receive your certificate before this date, you are not eligible to apply).
Southern Utah University (SUU) Rotor Aviation Scholarship
- Have your commercial pilot rating
- Demonstrate an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices.
- Be working toward ratings up to CFI
- Be enrolled in an SUU degree programs
All applications must be submitted by midnight EST, Oct. 31, 2019. Questions? Email email@example.com